Sunday, December 14, 2008

Gearing Up for Christmas

It truly feels like the Holidays are upon us! We had our first snow of the year. It began snowing last night but to my disappointment when I woke up this morning there was nothing but a light dusting on the ground. Around noon it began to snow again and by 2 p.m. it was starting to stick. I took Duke out to play in the snow for the first time and, to my complete shock, he was totally uninterested. He went about his doggy business as usual. Go figure the dog who can play with a pistachio shell for an hour could care less about the snow. 

Ben has finished his first week of training in Kentucky and I am counting down the days until he is home. I have a very special date night planned for him when he gets home, I will post pictures from our date. I feel SO blessed to have him home for the Holidays. Shortly after the first of the year we will both be heading to Georgia, Ben for work and myself for fun! I can not WAIT to spend more time with my Parents-in-Law, my beautiful Sisters-in-Law and ALL of my new nieces and nephews.  
Well this is short tonight but I am trying to get in the habit of posting here! Off to brave the cold for a walk with Duke. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.
All my Love.

1 comments:

Happiness is Here! said...

Ahhhh How sweet!!! Your blog reminds me of when I first Married Patrick!! How much you miss Ben, that is!! Welcome to the blog world and I am glad you found me!! :) Even though that welcome is a bit late!!